Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recap of Summer 2010-in pictures!

Fall is my favorite season! September 1 always marks fall for me. Even though there are still some days that feel like summer, in my world, fall starts in September! This post is a recap of summer 2010 in pictures! Enjoy!

May
Mother's Day: Ryan preached for the first time at our Chinese Church. All the mothers were given roses. The children/youth in our church gave me a rose because they say I am their mother every Sunday! Little did we all know that soon after that God would indeed place a baby in my womb!
William and Chastity Barnett wedding: In mid May we went to Kansas for the wedding of Chastity and William! Congratulations on your new life together!
During that same time in May we visited Joseph in Paola with my dad and sister. Ryan took this picture of my family (minus my mom) while we were bowling.
Memorial Day Weekend: We along with Lucas and Catie Zurcher (Ryan's sister and our brother-in-law) went to Estes Park, CO. Our Chinese church had their annual conference and my awesome husband lead the children's program.
June
We are pregnant!!! After two pregnancy tests we found out that God has chosen us to be parents!
Father's Day: It was this weekend that Ryan and I announced to our families that we were expecting! My mom, sister and I also took Joseph to Oceans of Fun!
July
Lee Family Camping Trip: In mid July, Ryan and I went on a camping trip with Ryan's parents and sister Jenny. We camped around the Estes Park area and hiked in Rocky Mountain National Park.
In late July me and my closest girlfriends from Tabor College celebrated our 30th birthdays together. It was one of the most amazing weekends of my life! These girls mean so much to me and I thank God for leading us all to Tabor and strengthening our friendship through these years!
July 26th: I think I will always remember this date because it was the day we found out I had a cyst on my ovary that my doctor wanted to remove by surgery. These flowers from my boss, Linda Cantwell, were such a bright moment in some dark days.
Heaven Fest: Ryan and I took some youth from our Chinese church to a HOT day full of Christian music!
August
New Camera: we got a Canon Rebel XS and have been having so much fun taking pics!
Pregnant and Baking in the Kitchen: we went to a small dinner party which meant I got to bake!!
Surgery: God protected me and Baby Lee during the surgery to remove the cyst from my body. We received so many prayers, phone calls, emails, visitors, gifts, text messages and facebook messages-all showing us the love of family and friends! Thank you so much!
Youth Room Update: While I was at home recovering on the couch, Ryan helped the youth group at our Chinese Church paint and update their room!
And that, my dear family and friends is our summer in pictures! We are so excited about fall and all that God has in store for us! We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest friend,
    I LOVE updates to your blog and am very sad that we could not be in some of those pictures with you! We miss you so much and you REALLY need to come visit us soon! Atti says that she can't go much longer without some Lee love! Miss you!

    Cherilyn

    ReplyDelete