Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

On the Receiving End

First, I want to begin by saying we have been so encouraged in these past few days by the body of Christ! We know you all are praying, we have felt it! We are resting in God's presence, finding peace in Him and thanking Him for all of you! Thank you to those who have emailed me or facebooked me sharing stories of your own road with laparoscopic surgery. They have reminded me that I am not alone! Thank you to those who have emailed or facebooked me Bible verses and prayers. They have reminded me that our God has given so many promises and that He will take care of me and this child! Thank you to those who have called to ask how we are doing and to just tell us that you are praying! It reminds me of how alive our God is to move your heart to call, if even for just a few minutes. We have been reminded everyday, because of each of you, how vital every member of the body of Christ is! Thank you for carrying us through this scary, uncertain time!

In my quiet time today, God blessed me with a story about how vital friends who believe in His power to heal are! I was so moved by this story that I wanted to share some of it with you.
Scripture: Mark 2:1-12 and Luke 5:18-26 (Too long to type so grab your bible now and read)
Many things jumped out and spoke to me through these two versions of the same story:
*Jesus was sought out!
*These friends had faith that Jesus would save their friend and were willing to do ANYTHING to get him to Jesus.
*Jesus healed; spiritually first and then physically!
*Jesus revealed His power-so all could see!
*Everyone was amazed and they praised God! They said "We have never seen anything like this!" and "We have seen remarkable things today!"

To be honest, the part that spoke to me the most, that moved me to tears, is the last part of both of these stories. God healed this man spiritually yes, but also physically. These people immediately saw that he could stand and walk. Maybe this newly healed man spoke about his spiritual healing, the Bible doesn't record that. But the crowd didn't need this man to talk about his physically healing. They saw it and praised God! They spoke of His power! That is what I am praying through this situation that we are currently facing.

Ryan and I are praying and I ask all of you to join us, that God will heal me! As I have shared with you already, we believe that God is the Great Physician! We believe that just as He healed this man in the Bible that He can heal me! He has already healed me spiritually by giving me His Son Jesus and offering me eternal life. The best decision I ever made (marrying you Ryan is 2nd) was confessing my sins and asking Jesus to forgive me and be my Savior!

Now I am asking for physical healing. It is the desire of my heart to shout to the world that God and GOD ALONE, has healed my body of this cyst. It is my desire that EVERYONE will praise God for His healing! And if He chooses to heal me through surgery, I will still shout to the world my praise of God's healing! I believe there is power in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment