Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Nursery: Furniture

As Ryan and I were shopping for furniture we decided that we would go with a crib and changing table. We found options at Wal-mart, Target and Babies R Us and ended up registering for a set that was at both Target and Babies R Us. A few months ago, Target sent me an email saying they were having a baby sale! I don't remember looking that closely to the ad, I just forwarded the email to my Mom and Sister. :) I traveled to KS that same week for my job and Mom mentioned the ad. She asked what was on sale and because I hadn't really looked at it, we opened up her email to see what the bargains were. To our amazement the ad was buy a crib, get a changing table free. I immediately thought, could this apply to our crib and changing table?

God has such a way of surprising us and providing for our needs at much cheaper prices than we often think! There are many things I love about God, one of them is that I absolutely believe He too is a bargain shopper! To our wonder, this BOGO (buy one, get one) offer did apply to the exact crib and changing table that we had picked out for our precious baby!

My amazing, generous Mom offered to take Target up on their offer and purchase our crib and changing table. She doesn't have much experience in online shopping so with my help we made the order and had them shipped to Denver. Ryan, Baby Lee and I are extremely blessed that my Mom bought us this set! Thank you Mom for making such sacrifices so you can spoil us! We so appreciate your generosity! We will always remember that this crib and changing table were a special gift from you!

Ryan has been the most anxious to get this furniture out of their boxes and set up. Don't get me wrong, I am excited too but I thought the end of October was a bit too soon since our baby isn't due until early February. :) So we agreed we would set it up around Christmas time. Well.....we almost made it. I love Ryan so much, I know he was wanting to do his "daddy duty" and get the furniture together so I gave in the week before Thanksgiving. (there really wasn't much arm twisting) He did the changing table first at the beginning of that week and then put the crib together at the end of the week. Of course I have pictures to capture his awesome work! Below are some of our favorites.
Changing Table:
just getting started....and smiling!!!

i love that MY man reads directions!!!

still smiling and a bonus ad for Graco!
almost done and making sure it is secure
DONE! and so full that right now we can't change our baby in it lol
Crib:
getting started
look at those guns-yeah my husband is HOT!!
please take note of the directions :)

almost done...
DONE! and my favorite picture!
Dear Daddy: on behalf of Mom and me, thank you for allowing us to do nothing but sit, relax and take pictures while you did all the work! You did a fantastic job and we are proud of you! We will always be your biggest fans! We love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how i love this! Can't wait for little baby lee to be in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute...

    "look at those guns...my man is hot" lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo :) I just got real excited looking at your baby furniture pics! Praying for all to go well in these last months!!! And for patience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. I LOVE the super full, unable to put the baby in it, changing table! hahaha. How blessed you are for it to be so full!!! So fun. Thank you for posting the pictures. And I do not think it is too soon. Besides, my moto is get it done now, because you never know what little early surprises God has in store. But of course, I apply this mostly to packing a hospital bag. It's nice to have your own underwear for after you give birth. haha.. Whew I'm off topic! Love this post. Love you. Love Baby Lee.

    ReplyDelete