Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Christmas 2010: Edington Family Edition

The day after Christmas we drove to Kansas to spend a few days with my family. On Sunday evening we had Christmas at my sister's house with my Mom, Clint (my Mom's boyfriend), Joseph, Angela and Daniel (my Sister's boyfriend). We enjoyed a great meal (all cooked by Daniel) and opened gifts. Then on Monday night we had Christmas with my Dad. We ate at House of Ma (the favorite and always preferred Chinese restaurant in Emporia) and opened gifts at my Dad's house. This was the first time we had been to my Dad's house so Ryan enjoyed getting to see and hear all about my Dad's hobby of collecting Indian Artifacts. That was actually my favorite part of the evening, seeing the love of my life get to know more about my Dad. I will be completely honest, my parents divorce is still very hard for me, which seems to always crawl up around the holidays.

Ryan had to return to Denver on Tuesday to work at Chic Fil A so his time with my family was short this year. (we were thankful that he had more time with them at Thanksgiving). I stayed all week to work on the Tabor campus. It was a busy week, always is with my family-lots of people to see and things to do. I love that about going home! :) Wednesday evening Clint took my Mom, my Sister and me to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in Kansas City. We had dinner at Olive Garden (Clint's first time) and enjoyed wonderful conversation. Thursday evening my Mom, Joseph and I had dinner with Sara Jo, Lydia Jane, Jennifer, Emrie and Debra in Salina! I was so happy to see them-my goodness Lydia Jane has grown so much since I saw her in September! She is absolutely beautiful! They are such wonderful, generous friends to me and I thank God for every moment I get to spend with them! I am hoping that someday soon Lee, Sara Jo and Lydia will live near us!

With being in my last months of pregnancy I didn't want to be away from Ryan a long time. So on Friday my Mom drove me to Colby to meet Ryan. It felt so good to be back with him and back at home. I don't want to be far from my doctor (or husband) these days because well, our baby could come anytime! My Mom and Sister really wanted me to go into labor when I was with them but God allowed me to come back to my husband and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment