Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Showers of Blessings Part 2


Have I written yet how good God is? Have I shared in any of my blogs how God has provided for this precious baby? I sure hope that by now you all know how good and amazing my God is! He has blessed us so much through this pregnancy and my entire being is praising Him! Allow me to share another way He has provided.....

On Sunday December 19, our Chinese Church (Denver Chinese Evangelical Free Church, where we have been serving for a year now) threw us a baby shower. It was so much fun! I will tell you, there was a lot going on at our church that particular Sunday. We celebrated the faithful service of our interim Pastor Li (he has finished his term at our church and returned to Washington DC), we had our Christmas potluck and then had the baby shower. With so many of our church leaders going different directions that day, we were so blessed that they wanted to throw a party celebrating our precious baby.

How I wish you could have been a fly on the wall at this shower! It was much different than the others we've had, which is perfect since a completely different culture planned it! They had Ryan and I (yes Ryan was also an honored guest) play a game. Let me see if I can set the stage. Ryan was blindfolded, cotton balls were placed on the floor and Ryan was given a kitchen serving spoon and a plastic bowl. The object of the game was for him to get as many cotton balls into the bowl as possible. My role: directing him to where they were so he could scoop them up (yes still blindfolded). So picture this, Ryan is on his hands and knees and listening as intently as he can to my instructions so he could win the game. It was hilarious! Especially after the game was over and all the wives and moms in the room said "Wow, Ryan did awesome (he got all of the cotton balls), most of the other men don't listen to us as good as Ryan listens to you." Needless to say I was so proud of my MAN.

Other reasons why this shower was unique: we didn't sit down the entire time, I cut and served all the cake, guests just brought their gifts to us to open, there was TONS of noise the whole time and Ryan was the photographer. Please understand that I am not complaining, I loved every minute of it! I am just trying to help you picture this baby shower in the midst of another culture. We had so much fun and we were blessed once again with an abundance of gifts. Enjoy some of our favorite pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment