Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

14 Weeks

I can't help it. Every time I go into Target or Wal-mart, I have to look at the baby things. Ryan is very patient and I think loves doing it too! We haven't registered for anything yet but we LOVE to look and dream! Since we aren't finding out the sex of our baby, it is difficult to find neutrals that I like. Ryan has no problem with yellow and green but I prefer primary or bright colors. We haven't figured out what theme we want yet either. Good thing we have about 5 more months ahead of us! We haven't been to Babies R Us yet but let me tell you, I can't wait!!! Wall to wall baby stuff!! What gets better than that when you are expecting your first child?

I have got to show you some adorable things we have already gotten. We are trying REALLY hard not to buy anything yet. But I had a gift card to Target so I thought it would be perfect to use on buying our baby it's first few things.
Do you see those red tags? That means I even got them on clearance! That is my kind of shopping! Burp cloths and bibs-must haves! I also got a Boppy cover (also on sale). I don't own a Boppy but I sure hope to! I have heard great things about them and am excited to try it out! And of course our baby has to have some Tabor blue. I just couldn't resist this when I was in the Tabor bookstore when we first found out we were expecting and it was still a secret to the world.
Some family and friends have showered us with gifts too. We are so blessed! Below are some gifts from my Mom and Sister; our baby's first Bible, and his/her first bib (it says Thank Heaven for Little Ones), and a gift for Ryan (my Mom said she didn't want Ryan to feel left out) a picture frame that says "I love my Dad." Thank you Mom and Sister for blessing us!
And our friend Jennie Cabrera came over the other day to bring me and Baby Lee some gifts. She gave me Hot Tamales (she says they are good for upset stomach), A&W Rootbeer and Reece's peanut butter cups....YUMMY! And this is what she brought Baby Lee. Absolutely adorable huh? Thank you Jennie for blessing us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! When my sister first found out she was pregnant, I was all over finding presents! It was tough - I bought so much stuff! Especially after she had Sydney and we knew we had to buy girl-y stuff! I was loving RED! Enjoy all the fun!

    ReplyDelete