Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Monday, August 16, 2010

15 Weeks and Upcoming Surgery

The best part of having a high-risk pregnancy is getting to see our baby so often! It is truly a blessing from God to see how our baby is changing, growing and moving. And I LOVE hearing the heartbeat! What a gift God has given us! We know this baby ultimately belongs to Him so I will continue to dedicate our baby daily to Him and His care!

We had another ultrasound today to check on the status of the cyst. I went in with such hope that it would be gone, that God would have chosen me to take the cyst from my body through His supernatural healing. My faith has grown so much in the past month, learning more about Jesus as the Healer in the Word and God as my Healer now. God has also given me such peace and comfort, constantly surrounding me with His love! He has used so many of you to bring encouragement and hope! Thank you for praying in faith with us! We hope your faith has grown during this time too!

Unfortunately, the cyst was still on my left ovary. The good news is, it did not grow. Dr. Tate said today that she is so happy that it didn't grow because she was worried that it would in between ultrasounds. Praise the Lord! Even when I heard the news, I felt peace! Ryan and I, along with so many of you, have been praying for God's miraculous healing and I know He can still give that through surgery. I know that God has chosen this road for me. Am I super excited? Not really. Am I still afraid? Yes. But do I still believe that God is in control and that we can trust Him? Absolutely!

Surgery it is. This Thursday, August 19, 9:00a.m. mountain time. My surgery is about 3 hours long so I should be out around noon. Dr. Tate will keep me overnight to make sure Baby Lee and I are okay. She said that if I wasn't pregnant she would send me home, so I am thankful that she wants to take extra care of us! Ryan will stay the night with us at the hospital. I already told him that I wanted to eat chocolate chip cookie dough when I get out of surgery. :)

Here are the prayer requests we are asking you to lift up:
*peace, comfort and hope
*good sleep the night before the surgery
*peace for Ryan, my Mom and Grandma Peterson as they wait for me to come out of surgery
*Dr. Tate-that God would guide her already gifted hands
*Baby Lee-that he/she would be protected during surgery and after
*quick recovery
*opportunities to share with others what God has been doing
*Tabor Admissions team and my prospective students (I won't be there to welcome them on Wednesday and Friday)
*that God would be glorified through this experience and His kingdom expanded

Thank you again for your love, your prayers and your encouragement! I promise to write again after surgery when I am on the couch healing! :)

2 comments:

  1. Look at that growing baby! God is good. Praying for you always and loving you from afar! Can't wait to see you this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you know I was thinking the same thing about having to have extra ultra sounds. Our baby had a cyst on her head (which I guess is kind of common) but it meant we had to go back for another sonogram to check and see that it had shrunk or disappeared. We were thankful it had disappeared! And it was so fun to see her again! (though at the time we didn't know she was SHE!) I wonder what little Baby Lee is!? :)

    ReplyDelete