Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Surgery Date Set: Thursday August 19 9:00a.m.

Ryan, Baby Lee and I want to thank you for your prayers this past week. As I mentioned in a previous post, God has been doing such amazing things in us and through many of you! We simply would not be in this place today without your words of encouragement and your prayers! Thank you, really from the bottom of our hearts, for loving us and supporting us! We are truly blessed!

We met again with my doctor on Tuesday and have set a date for the laparoscopic surgery to remove the cyst that is on my ovary. Thursday August 19 fits right between weeks 14-16 of my pregnancy which is the safest time to have this surgery. She went over the risks again with us but this time we felt so much peace and comfort which we know only comes from our Great God! The surgery is at 9:0oa.m at the Medical Center of Aurora. Please join us as we lift up the following things in prayer:

*healing before surgery even starts! As you know, we are praying in FAITH that God would heal this cyst before my surgery date. We believe He is the Great Physician and can perform a miracle if that is His will
*my last ultrasound is on Monday August 16, pray that the doctors CANNOT find the cyst
*peace of heart and comfort if surgery is in God's plan
*good sleep the night before the surgery
*peace for Ryan and my Mom as they wait for me to come out of surgery
*Dr. Tate-that God would guide her already gifted hands
*Baby Lee-that he/she would be protected during surgery and after
*quick recovery
*opportunities to share with others what God has been doing
*Tabor Admissions team and my prospective students: this August date means that I will not be able to welcome my new freshmen and transfer students to their fall semester. this is very disappointing to me
*that God would be glorified through this experience and His kingdom expanded

Ryan, Baby Lee and I love each of you! We thank God for you and the impact you have had on our lives! We are excited to see God continue to work; healing before surgery, protection during surgery, healing after surgery, problem-free pregnancy and the birth of a precious baby! Above all, we know that He is in control and we trust Him!

Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment