Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Anniversary Babymoon

In honor of our 2 year anniversary and the anticipation of our precious miracle, Ryan and I decided to take a mini vacation, also known to us as a Babymoon-a time to get away, just the two of us, to celebrate our marriage and our time alone before Baby Lee joins our family. We thank God for blessing our marriage and choosing us to be parents! We were grateful for time away from work, school, laundry, cleaning, etc to enjoy each other and God's beautiful creation. We chose Colorado Springs as our destination because we had both been there with our families but never just the two of us. With the Springs just being an hour away, and having many things to do, we enjoyed a Friday evening and all day Saturday. Here are our favorite pictures from the weekend.Before heading out, we opened gifts. Ryan got me an ihome (i have been wanting to use my ipod more often) and this beautiful Willow tree figurine. Can you see she is pregnant like me? Oh I love it! This gift means so much to me because I will always remember being pregnant with our first child when we celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I got Ryan some of his favorite candy and then we went shopping so he could pick out some new clothes/shoes he has been needing for Fall/Winter.
While waiting for our cograil up to Pike's Peak, we walked around Manitou Springs, one of my new favorite mountain towns (Estes Park still being my #1 favorite). It has been our tradition to buy a Christmas ornament when we celebrate our anniversary (last year we got one in Estes Park) so we stopped in at the Christmas store. The weather was perfect but we didn't have enough time to walk all through downtown. It is now on a list of towns we want to visit again.
We enjoyed an hour and fifteen minutes of God's beautiful creation on our way up to Pike's Peak. We sat across from a sweet couple from Venezuela, who were visiting Colorado for the first time. I think we appreciated this gorgeous state even more by seeing CO through their eyes. Ryan let me sit close to the window where I tried to snap pictures to capture the beauty. But in all honesty, most of my pictures ended up being blurry and you might remember that I like taking pictures of people more than things anyway. Most of the Aspens were done changing but I was able to capture at least one.After Pike's Peak we headed to Garden of the Gods. Even though it clouded over, got cooler and even sprinkled a bit we still loved our time there. Another tradition we have is to eat caramel apples every year on our anniversary. Something so unique to being married in my favorite time of year! We found another changing tree on our way out of the park along with the beautiful Cathedral rock.
To finish our weekend, we ate dinner at Joe's Crab Shack in the Springs then headed home. On Sunday, our actual anniversary, we used a gift card given to us a couple months ago and had ice cream at Cold Stone! It was a perfect weekend together and again we thank God for allowing us this opportunity to get away and celebrate His many blessings!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS POST. :)
    all the things I love about it:

    1) hearing your voice in the way you write
    2) imagining you talking to the Venezuelan couple and anyone you had take your picture because I just know you made friends with everyone you interacted with. and I'm sure they know you are having a baby, that you don't know what it is, and that you met in china. I just love that about you-friends with everybody!
    3)that tiny tiny you next to the big pretty tree
    4) Willow Tree ornament!! Kinda jealous, I love willow tree, & I don't have a pregnant woman one. How about the next time I'm pregnant you can hook me up?? ;) jk I do have a one of mommy daddy & baby, very sweet... moving on
    5) The bibs!
    6) buying a christmas ornament! Remember, that's how Lee proposed to me on Christmas morning?? I already picked one out to give him this christmas-it's great! ask me later :D. Let's hope he doesn't forget to get one for me!!
    7)Ryan Rock Climing where it is prohibited. lol!
    and 8) That I just made a blog post about your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously don't think there are 2 cuter people! O.K., one very cute and one very manly! I think our husbands would get along splendidly after seeing the photo of your man climbing above the sign! HILARIOUS! It sounds like you guys had a very wonderful time together. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete