Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

October=Pumpkin Lovin

I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up one thing (nail polish) but I had the hardest time getting out of the FALL aisle! I looked at everything at least twice, smelled all the candles, brushed my fingers over the bright orange pumpkins and even picked up a few things (mostly decorations) and carried them around for awhile. At that moment I really wished that money grew on trees because I wanted to buy so many things in celebration of Fall. But thanks to God and the accountability to my wonderful husband, I only left with nail polish. :)

Last night Ryan and I celebrated our favorite month and season by making pumpkin bread and watching You've Got Mail (my friend Kelly and I think this movie classifies as a fall movie). We bought 4 cans of pumpkin because we remembered that last year grocery stores ran out due to the ruined pumpkin crop. There was no way WE were going to be short on pumpkin this season. I love to bake and want to bake a lot of things with pumpkin this season. The recipe we used last night made 3 loaves. We gave 2 away to neighbors and kept one (which we added walnuts in). An incredible aroma filled our home as we cuddled up close on the couch enjoying a sweet love story! Of course we captured all of this on camera!
Happy Fall to you and we hope you will take some time this month to shop in the Fall aisle at your favorite store, bake with pumpkin, savor the smells, share with neighbors and cuddle up close on the couch for a movie!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun night! :) I too love Fall! yay for pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could almost smell it all while I read this :) mmmmm yummm *contented sigh* Hope it was delicious as it sounds!! Love you friends!

    ReplyDelete